Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering Nestor A Cintron III

So I've joined in on a blog tribute to all 2996 people who lost their lives at the WTC on 9.11.01. I think that this is such a small thing for me to do. I don't personally know Mr. Cintron but I want to remember him none the less.

Nestor Cintron III was only 26 years old, the same age as me. He was a broker at Cantor Fitzgerald in the WTC. I pray that his family has more peace today than 5 years ago. I have looked on every site that I can to try to learn more about Nestor but they all have the same info that I posted below. If by chance someone reads this and you know Nestor please email me, tell me more about him so that I can honor him better. Below is a profile I found on the NY Times.



"I just want books, Ma," Nestor A. Cintron III would say.

Growing up in the Alfred E. Smith Houses in a tough part of the Lower East Side, Mr. Cintron was the resident intellectual. "My son didn't take any drugs; he had no bad habits; his thing was reading," his mother, Alicia Leguillow, recalled."For Christmas, I would get him $200 gift certificates to Borders and he would buy books."Mr. Cintron, 26, a broker at Cantor Fitzgerald, read anything, but preferred books that were other-worldly: Carl Sagan, Michael Crichton and Robert Jordan were his favorite writers. He was a huge "Star Wars" buff. He got his two younger brothers hooked, too, to the point where they would all sit at the dinner table reading. "They were never raised by a father, so they had each other," Mr. Cintron's mother said. Ms. Leguillow knew her son was gifted from childhood, when a teacher at Public School 1 insisted on skipping him from the fourth to the sixth grade, because he was so far ahead in math. But he was still one of the guys. "He had so much intelligence, he didn't need to show it," said his brother Fred Gonzalez Jr. Profile published in THE NEW YORK TIMES on October 20, 2001.

Leave a link to your 9/11 tribute post so that others can stop by.

4 comments:

Rhonda Gales said...

This is a very nice tribute. I've enjoyed reading the tributes of my fellow 2996 bloggers. I feel so blessed to be a part of something so wonderful.

Biker Betty said...

A wonderful tribute on Nestor Cintron. He was too young to have something so tragic happen to him. Thank you for taking the time to do this tribute on a 9/11 Hero.

The 2,996 Tribute projects is such a great idea to remember those who lost their lives, that they won’t be forgotten. That was a horrible day and tragic event. I did a tribute to Chief Battalion William J. McGovern, firefighter.

If anyone needs it, I have an alternate link as the 2,996 original link is down at the moment.

mikeyarmo said...

Hello there,

I think that a tribute is a very great idea. By accident I meant to make a comment and said instead that I linked here, which is infact a lie :(. I hope you are able to change that.

I wanted to invite you to join a forum I run for those affected by Crohn's Disease. www.crohnsforum.com is a place to share support, information and fun with fellow IBD sufferers.

Hope to see you there soon.

Take care,

Michael

Teena in Toronto said...

Very nice tribute! Thank for for honouring Nestor.

I participated too.

Template Design | Elque 2007