Monday, July 02, 2007

Medical Billing Scam?

Ok so some of you may know that my health insurance was maxed last year. I was getting Remicade treatments for my Crohn's Disease. The hospital was charging over 50K per month for my treatment. I've been fighting for a year now to get my insurance back.

Fast forward to today. I had called and requested a detailed bill sent to my. I was looking over it and something is weird. Ok my Dr perscribed 15 vials of medicine. When I look at the bill it says and I quote

qty 15 infliximab 10mg 5205.00

and there are 10 lines of charges. So is that charging for 10 vials or is it charging for 150 vials (15x20)?


Does anyone reading do medical billing?? Can you shed some light on this? I'm on hold now with the hospital. If this is a billing error its massive and done on probably all my bills. Which is 2 yrs worth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It could very will be that the hospital charges $347 a dose.

Tonya said...

That is very possible. I don't think that I explained things well in my post.

I think I was charged for too many doses.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Template Design | Elque 2007