Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crying for a man I didn't know

So many months ago I wrote a post about Randy Pausch. He has become know world round for his 'Last Lecture'. Sadly he died last week. A man who in the face of death chose to live in the now and not worry about what will come, even though he knew that it was coming. He chose to run and play with his children, to spend time with family, and to talk to people like you and me. His words inspired many to examine their lives, he helped parents and children talk, and helped others who are sick to move past the feeling of dread and continue to live their lives.

It's hard to think that we can cry for someone that we have never met, but we do. Every once in a while someone comes along and touches us. I think that Randy Pausch touched millions even though he never had the intentions of doing such, and I think that he may have made the world a better place for it.

I pray for his wife and their three small children and that they may find some peace in a time of horrible pain.

0 comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007