Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Dinner Ideas (TT)

Merry Christmas! Here are some ideas for your Christmas Dinner with a bonus recipe at the end.

  1. Ham
  2. Green Beans
  3. Sweet Potato Casserole
  4. Turkey and Dressing
  5. Cranberry Sauce
  6. Mac n Cheese
  7. Mashed Potatoes
  8. Slaw
  9. Broccoli and Cheese
  10. Rolls
  11. Potato Salad
  12. Squash Casserole
  13. Pecan Pie

And for a bonus Monkey Bread (recipe follows):

3 cans Pilsbury Biscuits
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
Nuts if wanted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Directions:

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a zip lock bag.

Cut biscuits into quarters. Place a few biscuits at a time into the sugar/cinnamon bag and coat with mixture. Then layer the biscuits into your cake pan (or bundt is recommended) alternating with nut layers until all biscuits are in the pan. Do not put nuts on the top after all the biscuits are used as it will make it uneven when you flip it over.

Melt butter and brown sugar together then pour over top of the biscuits. Then bake for 45 minutes on 350. When you remove from the oven the sugar will be very runny so take care to flip it over into something with sides to prevent a huge mess.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! We have a lot of that for Christmas dinner already. And, thanks for the Monkey Bread recipe! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm. You are making me hungry. Thanks for the recipe. I will be saving your site and printing it out later. It sounds GOOD!

Anonymous said...

My husband makes great monkey bread. It's a good recipe. I was recently introduced to a yummy cranberry relish casserole. It has bananas, pineapples to name a few...it's yummy!

My 13 are up.

Michelle said...

Oh great, now I'm hungry! :0)

Everything sounds delicious.

Happy TT and Merry Christmas!

I’m up!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! You're making me hungry. I love anything with Sweet Potatoes in it!

Leah said...

sounds yummy ...bet it tastes real good too. I'll be having some of those for Christmas dinner at my in-laws for sure.

Will try your monkey bread recipe. thx

Template Design | Elque 2007