Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Not a blood clot, just pnumonia.

My Mom has been pretty sick for a few weeks now. She being a stubborn woman refused to slow down, or see the NP while her Dr was out of town. We went to the beach last week and it really caught up to her.

She was unable to lay flat at all which made sleeping a challenge. When we got back home her feet were swollen pretty bad and the family said enough was enough .. GO TO THE DOCTOR!

On Monday morning she made a happy trip to the Dr's office. I got a call at 1pm from my stepfather telling me that she had been admitted. They thought she had a blood clot in her lungs and that they were doing emergency CT scans, blood work, EKG's, and anything else you can think of.

We got the results back today, no clots, just lots and lots of fluid in her lungs. So now she gets to have the fluid drained today. If the fluid is back in the morning, I'll be missing my first day of class because I'll be at the hospital with my Mom while she gets a chest tube to drain her lung.

She was in good spirits today, thankful that there was no clots. I just hope that she'll slow down some and let her body heal. She is always on the go no matter where she is and it has really caught up with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear what she's been going through. My thoughts are with her and your family.

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom recovers quickly and realizes that she needs to take care of herself.

Template Design | Elque 2007