Monday, April 06, 2009

School and the never ending schedule.

Gah! I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post. I've been working like crazy with nursing clinicals and trying to keep my grades up. Things have been challenging and eventful.

I've been having clinicals at the hospital and this past week was very sad to see my patient. She was an elderly woman who had a large ulcer on her leg that has become gangrenous. Her family has elected to have comfort care and not pursue surgery, antibiotics or any other treatment measures. They are strictly keeping her comfortable until the infection does her in. Seeing cases like this makes it hard sometimes.

There have been some events going on with Kate (Wayne's marrow recipient) that I'll mention later.

Hope all of you are doing well. We are expecting some April snow tonight (in Ga of all places) so that will be fun to see.

0 comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007