Friday, September 01, 2006

College here I come!

I should have went 10 years ago when I left high school. Had I went I would have already been making great money as a nurse. But I didn't so here I am lol.

I applied online, paid my fee, applied for financial aid, etc. I got a letter yesterday telling me that I needed to send them transcripts from my GED and a immunization form. I did all that 10 years ago but they only keep your file for two years then its off to the shredder.

So I have to go to the health department to get the form filled out and I have to call the test center in Atlanta to find my transcript.

I did find out that when I start it's not going to be in the nursing program. After formal acceptance to the college I am to declare nursing as my major (already have) and admissions will notify the nursing department about my application. I will be assigned an advisor to meet with from the nursing dept. They will select the students for the Fall 2007 school year in Feb-March 2007.

So when I start in a few weeks it will be just for core classes like English, math, science, etc. I'm nervous about this but also really excited because this is something that I have always wanted to do. Medical information and such just comes very easily for me so I know that I can do this.

I have to take the Compass test on the 11th so cross your fingers for me that I score high!!

2 comments:

mom2dollnwreckinball said...

YAY!!! Good for you, Tonya!

Betty's Loosing Race said...

Visiting from BooMama's site. I think going back to school would be scary too and would be very nervous. That's GREAT that you have the determination to follow through with your dreams. Good Luck! Keep posting on how it goes.

Template Design | Elque 2007