Thursday, March 08, 2007

What inspires me?!?!

Kailani over at An Island Life is having a photo contest on "What Inspires You". The obvious answer is my son Nate. But when you dig deeper there is so much more that leads to that. Without the basics of life there would be nothing to inspire any of us. Without the freedoms afforded to us in the US there would be much less inspiration for us. So that leads to my photo.



I took this photo in October 2006. It was my first trip to New York and I was so excited. Coming from small town Georgia going to NYC was a huge deal. Although I didn't get to get the full NYC experience I did get to the Liberty.

Liberty inspires me because that stands for the basic foundation of all of us. To me Liberty stands for free speech (which bloggers love), freedom to wear what I want to, freedom to be what I want to be, freedom to go where I want to. So while my son is my inspiration everyday .... Liberty is my inspiration in the big picture.

Now go over to An Island Life and vote for your favorite photo submission March 9-11.

6 comments:

Butrfly Garden said...

That is beautiful!

I've never been to New York and I can just imagine how giddy and excited I will be when I finally make it to see Lady Liberty!

Mary said...

Beautiful! I love the back drop of the sunset... truly amazing! I also didn't get the full experience, and what I did see of Liberty was from very far away... You picture inspires me to want to go back. :D

Holly Schwendiman said...

There's something about seeing her in person that you can't quite explain hugh? Great share. ;)

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

my3texasboys said...

Beautiful T.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go to NY and see the Statue of Liberty. I bet it must be an awesome sight!

Thank you for entering the contest and good luck!

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Template Design | Elque 2007